Movement and work in the tree using DdRT and SRT with the ZIGZAG
The ZIGZAG may be used on doubled rope (DdRT) and on single rope (SRT) when combined with the CHICANE. Each technique has advantages and disadvantages depending on the situation.
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
Note: in this document the name ZIGZAG means either the ZIGZAG or ZIGZAG PLUS models.
Installing the work rope
- The arborist selects an anchor on-site and installs it as high as possible in the tree, for optimal movement.
- Provides tree access for multiple arborists
- The access rope can be used for rescue or as a work aid by the person on the ground.
- The top of the tree must be reached before work can begin.
- Ability to work anytime during access.
- Ability to work without climbing to the tree-top.
- The rope may be set up on a releasable anchor, to facilitate rescue.
- Difficult to check anchor quality before use.
- Using an anchor set by the throw line, which is not necessarily the best nor the best placed.