VARIO adjustment system allows the lanyard length to be adjusted from 100 to 150 cm in order to reduce the potential fall height.
The ABSORBICA®-I VARIO single lanyard is designed particularly for protection on a horizontal lifeline or on an elevated platform, without passing intermediate anchors.
Progressive energy absorption
In case of a fall, the tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user. The lanyards are designed for users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg. The progressive tearing of the webbing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users.
Compact, durable energy absorber
The energy absorber is very compact, to avoid hindering the user's movements, or interfering with handling. A durable fabric pouch helps protect the energy absorber from abrasion and potential contaminants.
Adjustable single lanyard with integrated energy absorber
ABSORBICA®-I VARIO is an adjustable single lanyard with compact energy absorber designed for progression on a horizontal lifeline (rope or cable) or on an elevated platform, without passing intermediate anchors. It features the VARIO adjustment system, allowing the lanyard length to be adjusted in order to reduce the potential fall height. Depending on the connectors used, ABSORBICA®-I VARIO is certified to North American, European and Russian standards.
- Designed for progression on a horizontal lifeline (rope or cable) or on an elevated platform, without passing intermediate anchors
- VARIO adjustment system allows the lanyard length to be adjusted from 100 to 150 cm in order to reduce the potential fall height
- Absorbs energy in case of a fall:
- tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- works with users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg
- progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk: compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- frequent connection/disconnection: with a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard)
- semi-permanent connection: with a RING OPEN gated ring, whose circular shape ensures optimal positioning
- Two connector options for the end of the lanyard: a locking carabiner, or MGO OPEN connector with large gate opening
- Material(s): polyester, nylon
- Certification(s): CE EN 355 when used with EN 362 connectors, ANSI Z359.13 12 feet when used with ANSI Z359.12 connectors, EAC
|Length without connectors||100-150 cm|
|Length with connectors||110 to 200 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)|
|Inner pack count||1|