Impact force - standards
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
The dynamic test in the EN 892 standard consists of dropping a metal mass guided by two vertical rails. All dynamic ropes are subjected to this test.
The mass is 80 kg, except for half ropes where it is 55 kg. This 80 kg mass represents the weight of an average user with his equipment.
The fall simulates a factor 1.77 fall on a fixed point.
The force transmitted to the mass, when the fall is arrested, is limited to:
- 12 kN for single ropes (one strand of rope)
- 8 kN for half ropes (one strand of rope)
- 12 kN for twin ropes (two strands of rope)