Choice of carabiners for hauling systems and pulley attachment
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
Key issues and risks
For hauling, the highest efficiency is desired, which is obtained by choosing efficient pulleys, but also by ensuring that the devices are ideally aligned or positioned.
Requirements and needs differ depending on the situations and the equipment to be connected; there may be several items attached to the carabiners.
The most important risks to consider
Recommendation on carabiner and accessories
Large capacity for multiple attachments
Why this choice?
• The symmetric shape of the OK provides good load alignment, even with pulleys having widely spaced side plates or devices with rather wide attachment holes such as the PRO TRAXION
• The pear shape of the WILLIAM and ATTACHE allows several ropes or items to be connected in one place
Precautions for use
• Once the installation is complete, verify that the connectors are correctly locked and positioned before using the system
• While hauling, beware of any rubbing against the carabiner sleeves and of possible wrong positioning of the carabiners
• When attaching multiple items, put the one that will bear most of the load on the spine side of the carabiner, and the one that will be less loaded on the gate side