What is the lifetime of my Petzl equipment?
For plastic or textile products, the maximum lifetime is ten years from the date of manufacture (See: How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?.)
The lifespan of metal products is not limited.
Warning: An unusual event may require you to retire a product after only one use. This may involve the type and intensity of use, or the environment in which it is used: aggressive environments, sharp aretes, extreme temperatures, chemicals...
To learn more, download the "PPE inspection" pdf file from the individual product page.
Other questions :
- How do I retire my gear?
- How do I buy a Petzl product?
- How do I buy a spare part or accessory?
- How do I find Petzl retailers around the world?
- What is Petzl's guarantee policy?
- Before sending a defective product to Petzl, is there a specific procedure with a file number and a return date?
- What is PPE?
- How do I contact Petzl?
- What is the inspection process of PPE?
- How do I care appropriately for my Petzl equipment?
- How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?
- When should I retire my equipment?
- How should I store my equipment?
- What does WLL mean?
- What are Petzl helmets made of?
- How should I clean the inside of my Petzl helmet?
- How can I label or identify a sling?