Dismantling: second belay point and evacuation system with the ZIGZAG
The ZIGZAG is set up in double mode on a choked false crotch.
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
Note: in this document the name ZIGZAG means either the ZIGZAG or ZIGZAG PLUS models.
During cutting operations, the arborist must use two belay systems.
The positioning lanyard is the first system.
The ZIGZAG, installed on a choked anchor, serves as the belay system as well as the evacuation system.
Quite simple in appearance, this configuration requires the arborist to choose between two risks when positioning his ZIGZAG.
- Low ZIGZAG setup (knee level): if the positioning lanyard breaks, risk of a significant fall (impact force greater than 6 kN).
- High ZIGZAG setup (close to the positioning lanyard): risk of simultaneously cutting the two belay systems.