Lower handle is sharply angled for more comfort when hanging and more power on extremely difficult sections.
Efficient placement, hooking, and slotting on a variety of terrain.
Shape of weights
The shape of the weights is optimized for slotting the pick in cracks.
Performance ice climbing and dry tooling axe
The ERGONOMIC ice axe is designed for steep ice and dry tooling. The sharp angle of the handle is ideal for prolonged hanging and increases power when pulling. The double handle offers multiple grip modes and stable hand switching. Great on rock or ice, the DRY pick allows inverted positions and the weights make it easier to slot the pick into cracks. Featuring a minimalist hammer, the head is protected and allows the user to hammer a piton back in. It is entirely modular and can be configured according to the terrain.
- Comfortable grip, designed for highly technical climbing:
- Double handle (high and low) offers multiple grip modes and stable hand switching
- Lower handle is sharply angled for more comfort when hanging and more power for extremely difficult sections, and the shape allows an open-handed grip, limiting fatigue and optimizing rests
- Upper handle is overmolded and bi-material, offering excellent grip and insulation from the cold
- Hydroformed shaft provides optimal grip in the middle of the shaft
- Efficient placement, hooking, and wedging on different types of terrain:
- Perfect shape and balance of the ice axe provide an exceptional swing
- The curve under the head makes hooking easier
- DRY pick is tapered at the tip (3.3 mm) and versatile across a variety of terrain: rock, snow, and ice; the 4 mm thickness of the pick makes it stronger when slotted and torqued and the toothed edge stabilizes inverted positions
- Inertia and striking quality are improved with the MASSELOTTES weights
- The shape of the weights is optimized for slotting the pick in cracks
- The ALPEN ADAPT system makes it completely modular:
- Entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- Interchangeable with ICE, PUR'ICE, DRY, and PUR'DRY picks to adapt to different terrain objectives (snow, ice, or mixed)
- Adze and hammer are interchangeable
- Sold with MINI MARTEAU, to protect the head and allow the user to hammer a piton back in
- Without accessories, the ice axe is lighter for dry tooling (only 550 g)
- GRIPREST ERGONOMIC handrest is overmolded and adjustable to three positions to adapt to different hand sizes, even while wearing gloves
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): Aluminum, steel, glass fiber reinforced plastic
- Certification(s): CE, UKCA, UIAA
- Sold with DRY pick, MASSELOTTES, MINI MARTEAU, and GRIPREST ERGONOMIC handrest
|Inner Pack Count||1|