Short down-climb on ascenders
For a short down-climb on a rope, it is not necessarily worthwhile to use a descender. The two ascenders can be moved alternately downward.
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
1. Short-step method
Put your weight on the progression ascender, deactivate the chest ascender without opening it and move it down a step.
Put your weight on the chest ascender, deactivate the progression ascender without opening it and move it down to just above the chest ascender.
2. Method for deactivating ascenders
It is important to avoid completely opening the safety catch on your ascenders.
The cam can be deactivated by pressing on its top.