Lower handle is sharply angled for more comfort when hanging and more power on extremely difficult sections.
Efficient placement, hooking and slotting on any terrain.
Shape of weights
The shape of the weights is optimized for slotting the pick in cracks.
High-end ice climbing and dry tooling axes
The ERGONOMIC ice axe is designed for steep ice and for dry tooling. The sharp angle of the handle is ideal for prolonged hanging and increases power when pulling. The double handle offers multiple grip modes and stable hand switching. At home on rock or ice, the DRY pick optimizes inverted positions and the weights facilitate slotting of the pick in cracks. Featuring a minimalist hammer, the head is protected and allows the user to hammer a piton back in. It is entirely modular and can be configured for the requirements at hand.
- Comfortable grip, designed for highly technical climbing:
- multiple grip modes and stable hand switching, thanks to the double handle (high and low)
- lower handle is sharply angled for more comfort when hanging and more power for extremely difficult sections. The shape allows open-handed grip, limiting fatigue and optimizing rests
- upper handle is over-molded and bi-material, offering excellent grip and insulation from the cold
- hydroformed shaft for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft
- Efficient placement, hooking and wedging on any terrain:
- perfect shape and balance of the ice axe provide an exceptional swing
- facilitated hooking, thanks to the curve under the head
- DRY pick is tapered at the tip (3.3 mm) and versatile across all terrain: rock, snow and ice. The 4 mm thickness of the pick makes it stronger when slotted and torqued. The serrated edge stabilizes inverted positions
- inertia and striking quality are improved, thanks to the MASSELOTTE weights
- the shape of the weights is optimized for slotting the pick in cracks
- Modular construction:
- entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- compatible with Petzl accessories: ICE, PUR'ICE, PUR'DRY, PANNE, MARTEAU
- sold with MINI MARTEAU, to protect the head and allow the user to hammer a piton back in
- without accessories, the ice axe is lighter, for dry tooling (only 550 g)
- GRIPREST ERGONOMIC handrest is over-molded and adjustable to three positions, to adapt to all hand sizes, even while wearing gloves. The absence of a steel point on the lower part gives better protection if the axe comes out of position
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): aluminum, steel, glass fiber reinforced plastic
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Sold with DRY pick, MASSELOTTES, MINI MARTEAU and GRIPREST ERGONOMIC handrest