For connection to equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards
The Am'D carabiner has an asymmetrical D shape that is ideal for attaching equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. Use of the CAPTIV positioning bar favors loading of the carabiner along the major axis, limits its flipping and keeps it attached to the device or lanyard.
Fluid interior design
Fluid interior design of Am'D carabiners limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner.
The Am'D has an H cross-section that ensures an optimal strength/weight ratio and protects the markings from abrasion.
To facilitate equipment checks, SCREW-LOCK manual locking carabiners have a red band that is visible only when the carabiner is not locked.
Lightweight asymmetrical carabiner
The Am’D lightweight asymmetrical carabiner is made of aluminum. It has a D shape particularly suited for connection to diverse equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards. Its fluid interior design and Keylock system facilitate handling. The Am’D carabiner is available in three locking systems: automatic TRIACT-LOCK or BALL-LOCK system, or the manual SCREW-LOCK system. Am'D may be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device.
- D shape is particularly suited for connection to equipment such as descenders or positioning lanyards
- Aluminum carabiner is light, reducing the weight of equipment the worker at height needs to carry
- May be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device
- Easier handling:
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- H-shaped cross-section:
- ensures an improved strength-to-weight ratio
- protects markings from abrasion
- Available in three different locking systems:
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- BALL-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening, with lock indicator
- SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
- Also available in black (TRIACT-LOCK and SCREW-LOCK versions) and gold (TRIACT-LOCK and BALL-LOCK versions)
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use
|References||M34A TL||M34A BL||M34A SL||M34A TLN||M34A SLN||M34A TLY|
|Weight||75 g||75 g||70 g||75 g||70 g||75 g|
|Major axis strength||27 kN||27 kN||27 kN||27 kN||27 kN||27 kN|
|Minor axis strength||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN|
|Open gate strength||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN|
|Gate opening||24 mm||25 mm||25 mm||24 mm||25 mm||24 mm|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years|
|Inner pack count||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Major axis strength||27 kN|
|Minor axis strength||8 kN|
|Open gate strength||7 kN|
|Gate opening||25 mm|
|Inner pack count||1|