ABSORBICA®-Y TIE-BACK lanyards are equipped with integrated intermediate rings, for connection to very large structures.
Progressive energy absorption
In the event of a fall, the tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user. The lanyards are designed for users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg. The progressive tearing of the webbing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users.
Compact, durable energy absorber
The energy absorber is very compact to avoid hindering the user’s movements or interfering with work. A durable fabric pouch helps protect the energy absorber from abrasion and potential contaminants.
Double lanyard with integrated intermediate tie-back rings and energy absorber
The ABSORBICA®-Y TIE-BACK is a double lanyard with integrated intermediate tie-back rings and compact energy absorber. It is designed for vertical progression on very large structures and when passing intermediate anchor points. It functions with users weighing between 50 and 140 kg. The TIE-BACK system allows the lanyard ends to be reconnected to fit around structures with a very large cross section. The arms are elasticized to avoid hindering progression. It is available with or without connectors and is certified to American, European, and Russian standards.
- Designed for progression on a vertical structure and when passing intermediate anchors
- TIE-BACK intermediate tie-back rings on the lanyard allow connection to very large structures, and in a rescue situation, these rings are easily accessible for the rescuer, even when the person is suspended on the lanyard after a fall
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- Tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- Works with users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg (1)
- Progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
- Compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- Elasticized arms to avoid hindering progression
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- Frequent connection/disconnection: using either a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard), or a MICRO SWIVEL to avoid tangling
- Semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape allows optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling
- Available with or without connectors (two large-opening MGO connectors for connecting to metal structures and a Bm’D carabiner with CAPTIV positioning bar for connecting to harness)
(1) In compliance with maximum accepted fall distances More information in our technical tips at Petzl.com
- Material(s): Polyester, high-modulus polyethylene, aluminum
- Certification(s): ANSI Z359.13 12 feet when used with ANSI Z359.12 connectors (maximum certified user weight: 140kg), CE EN 355 when used with EN 362, UKCA, EAC connectors (maximum certified mass: 100 kg), JSFAD
|Connector||Without connector||MGO - Bm'D|
|Length without connectors||150 cm||150 cm|
|Length with connectors||160 to 200 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and the technical tips at www.petzl.com)||180 cm|
|Weight||550 g||2030 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
|Inner Pack Count||1||1|