The modular head allows the ice axe to be adjusted for the technical requirements at hand.
Slightly curved shaft offers anchoring efficiency and good support in piolet-canne use.
Handrest is quickly adjustable, without tools, for optimal hand position.
Modular ice axe for technical mountaineering
The SUM'TEC ice axe represents versatility: it adapts easily to any mountaineering activity, from classic to technical. The TRIGREST handrest, adjustable without tools, and the compatibility of the ice axe with most Petzl accessories ensure the efficiency required for difficult sections.
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip for easy penetration in any ice
- the TRIGREST handrest allows the position of the hand or the index finger to be adjusted into climbing mode quickly and without tools
- shaft has steel spike for solid support in piolet-canne mode
- curved shaft for efficient anchoring, while protecting the hand
- shaft is straight enough for efficient planting into snow and walking comfortably
- Completely modular ice axe:
- adze and hammer are interchangeable
- adding weights (optional) improves anchoring qualities
- available in two versions: adze or hammer
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): steel, aluminum, nylon
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Ice axe sold with ICE pick, PANNE adze or MARTEAU hammer, TRIGREST handrest.
|Length of shaft||55 cm||55 cm|
|Weight||470 g||470 g|
|Inner pack count||1||1|