Pre-installed individual evacuation kit
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
The I'D can be permanently installed on a rope, with the safety gate locked by the screw as described in the Instructions for Use.
Pack the rope in a bag placed close to the anchor, or already attached to the anchor.
When packing, verify there is a knot in the end of the rope (at bottom of bag) and that the rope length is suitable for the situation. Depending on the situation, for example for a very long vertical descent, pass the rope through a pre-installed braking carabiner or a FREINO carabiner.
The risk of operator error is thus minimized.
In case of emergency, the user need only connect himself to the I'D to start the descent.
Remember: lock the safety gate on the I'D (see Instructions for Use).
- Release and rescue of a victim on a fall arrest system, by two co-workers
- Pre-installed individual evacuation kit
- Release and rescue of a co-worker using a rescue kit
- Release and rescue of a co-worker suspended on a static support.
- Release and rescue of a co-worker suspended on a long rope
- Drop loop haul on the I'D for urgent rescue, with ASAP
- Litter hauling techniques