Compatibility of the first-generation ZIGZAG with CHICANE and KNEE ASCENT
The first-generation ZIGZAG (before 2019) can be used for SRT with the CHICANE auxiliary brake and the KNEE ASCENT access system.
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
1. Compatibility with CHICANE
Compatibility between the first-generation ZIGZAG and the CHICANE has been verified in Petzl's internal testing. Follow the Instructions for Use for your ZIGZAG and for the CHICANE.
2. Compatibility with KNEE ASCENT
Warning: the first-generation ZIGZAG dœs not have an auxiliary attachment hole for connecting the KNEE ASCENT system, as on the ZIGZAG 2019 and ZIGZAG PLUS. By default, it is possible to attach the KNEE ASCENT to the connector between the ZIGZAG and CHICANE, taking care not to interfere with the proper functioning of the system. Follow the Instructions for Use for your ZIGZAG and for the KNEE ASCENT system.