Rope installation diagram engraved on both the inside and outside of the device.
Exceptional convenience when lowering
Easily controlled and progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent.
Compatible with all 8.5 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes and optimized for those 8.9 to 10.5 mm.
Belay device with cam-assisted blocking
Designed for all users, the GRIGRI is a belay device with assisted blocking for belaying both in the gym and at the crag. The cam-assisted blocking function makes belaying more convenient when a climber is working a route or when catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control. Compact and lightweight, it can be used with all single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm.
- Belay device with cam-assisted blocking, designed for the gym and crag:
- feeding slack and catching falls are accomplished using standard belay techniques, always keeping a hand on the brake side of the rope
- easier belaying, thanks to its cam-assisted blocking: when the climber falls or is at rest, the rope tightens, making the cam pivot to pinch and block the rope
- cam-assisted blocking offers leeway for the brake-side hand position, regardless of the angle between the climber side and brake side of the ropes
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the inside and outside of the device
- Exceptional convenience when lowering:
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily unblock the rope and lower someone
- easily controlled and progressive rope feed provides smooth and comfortable descent
- 3:1 mechanical advantage of the handled camming mechanism helps control rope feed on small-diameter ropes and requires less effort on the handle for large-diameter ropes
- Intended for all users:
- simple to use for belaying both lead and top-rope climbers
- optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable
- compatible with all 8.5 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes and optimized for those 8.9 to 10.5 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm single rope
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years|