Release and rescue of a victim on a fall arrest system, by two co-workers
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
- Victim suspended on a static support.
(e.g. energy-absorbing lanyard torn in a fall).
- Victim who is unconscious or needs to be accompanied during the descent.
Follow the recommendations in the chapter Lowering 150 kg - 250 kg with the I'D S on the anchor.
If possible, select an anchor close to the victim, to avoid elongation problems with the rope supporting the rescuer when the victim's weight comes onto the rope.