Upward evacuation with "Spanish balancier" technique
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
This counterweight system allows the victim to be raised when lowering is impossible.
This system is possible when the rope is not attached at the bottom.
1. The rescuer installs a progress capture pulley and tensions the system with his body weight
2. He engages the counterbalance system by pulling on the victim's side of the rope
3. He installs the ASCENSION handled rope clamp and the CROLL ventral rope clamp to ascend with the victim