Working load in emergency situations
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
The PRO TRAXION is designed for a load of 140 kg, i.e. one person.
During rescue operations, simultaneous hauling of two people may be necessary. In this case, the load may approach or exceed 200 kg.
With such a load, the slightest dynamic overload can produce forces approaching the values at which the rope tears (see table in Chapter 3).
Precautions are therefore mandatory:
- Back-up belay the two people being hauled.
- Keep the rope constantly under tension; the slightest amount of slack creates a potential fall distance, and so is dangerous.