ABSORBICA Y lanyards and fall arrest lanyard connector holders on the harness.
With a two-arm (Y) lanyard, connecting one arm to the harness is dangerous, except to specific locations on certain harnesses.
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
1. Risk of preventing energy absorber deployment
To cushion a fall, the energy absorber must be able to freely deploy. If a lanyard arm is attached to a strong point on the harness, deployment is prevented, with a risk of elevated impact force.
2. Solution provided on certain harnesses
Located on the harness shoulder strap, the fall arrest lanyard connector holder is an equipment loop with a system that releases any load greater than a few kilograms.
In a fall with a lanyard arm attached to a fall arrest lanyard connector holder, the lanyard arm will be released and the energy absorber can deploy normally.