Video - The Worst Belayer in the World
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
In climbing and mountaineering, proper use of belay devices is the cornerstone of the belay chain. The belayer holds the life of his partner in his hands. This task requires as much attention as it does training. The climber's confidence in his belayer has a major effect on his performance. It is important to remember that a good climber should also be a good belayer.
The Worst Belayer in the World
Any climber may encounter such behavior. Though it may not always be as exaggerated.
And even though we can laugh at him, we can also ask ourselves:
- Am I not maybe just as bad sometimes?
- If it were me at the other end of the rope, would I be laughing as loud?