Upward and horizontal evacuation in a confined space
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
1. Rescuer hauls the NEST litter in counterbalance on rope clamps.
Rescuer regulates the hauling. A third person back-up belays on a second rope.
2. The rescuer below gives slack using a descender. The back-up belayer hauls the NEST litter, allowing it to tilt to a horizontal position with the help of the STEF.
3. Recovery of the NEST by team members.