CAPTIV positioning bar
The CAPTIV positioning bar promotes loading of the carabiner along the major axis, reduces the risk of rotation and keeps it integrated with the device.
Fluid interior design
Fluid interior design of VULCAN carabiners limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner.
To ensure optimal efficiency, VULCAN carabiners use the Keylock system: the body/gate interface does not have a hook that could snag on anchors, ropes, harness equipment loops...
SCREW-LOCK manual locking
To facilitate equipment checks, SCREW-LOCK manual locking carabiners have a red band that is visible only when the carabiner is not locked.
High-strength, large-capacity asymmetrical carabiner
VULCAN is a high-strength steel carabiner for setting up anchors. The VULCAN carabiner is available in two locking systems: automatic TRIACT-LOCK system or manual SCREW-LOCK system. VULCAN TRIACT-LOCK is available in European or international versions. VULCAN can be used with the CAPTIV bar to favor positioning of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device.
- High-strength steel carabiner designed for setting up multiple anchors
- Easier handling:
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system, to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- may be used with a CAPTIV positioning bar to favor loading of the carabiner along the major axis, to keep it integrated with the device, and to limit the risk of it flipping
- H-shaped cross-section:
- ensures an optimal strength/weight ratio
- protects markings from abrasion
- Two locking systems available:
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
- Available in European or international versions
- Also available in black
- Material(s): steel
|Certification(s)||CE EN 362, NFPA 2500 General Use, EAC, GB/T 23469-2009 XF 494-2004||CE EN 362, NFPA 2500 General Use, EAC, GB/T 23469-2009 XF 494-2004||CE EN 362, ANSI Z359.12, NFPA 2500 General Use, CSA Z259.12, EAC||CE EN 362, ANSI Z359.12, NFPA 2500 General Use, CSA Z259.12, EAC||CE EN 362, NFPA 2500 General Use, EAC, GB/T 23469-2009 XF 494-2004|
|Major axis strength||45 kN||45 kN||45 kN||45 kN||45 kN|
|Minor axis strength||16 kN||16 kN||16 kN||16 kN||16 kN|
|Open gate strength||18 kN||18 kN||18 kN||18 kN||18 kN|
|Gate opening||28 mm||29 mm||26 mm||26 mm||29 mm|
|Weight||245 g||235 g||265 g||265 g||235 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years|
|Inner Pack Count||1||1||1||1||1|