Upward and horizontal evacuation in a confined space
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
1. Rescuer hauls the NEST litter in counterbalance on rope clamps.
Rescuer regulates the hauling. A third person back-up belays on a second rope.
2. The rescuer below gives slack using a descender. The back-up belayer hauls the NEST litter, allowing it to tilt to a horizontal position with the help of the STEF.
3. Recovery of the NEST by team members.