The ATEX marking
The ATEX marking is found on the product and on its Instructions for Use.
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
Meaning of the ATEX marking:
This product is thus designed to be used in an above-ground industrial environment, in zone 1 with group IIB gas (e.g. ethylene) present. The product's surface temperature will not exceed 85° C: thus care must be taken to not use this product in the presence of gas having an ignition temperature of less than 85° C
ATEX marking detail for PIXA 1, 2 and 3 headlamps:
These 3 lamps have the same ATEX marking:
Ex II 3 GD
Ex nA ic IIB T4 Gc
Ex tc IIIC T135° C Dc
- General marking Ex II 3 GD
II: above-ground industry.
3 GD: category of 3GD lamps that determines the zone of use, in this case zone 2/22 (gas/dust)
- ATEX zone 2 protection: gas-specific marking: Ex nA ic IIB T4 Gc
nA: protection mode against risk of sparking
ic: intrinsically safe protection mode
IIB : lamp designed for an environment presenting a type of gas belonging to the IIB gas group
T4: maximum surface temperature of the lamp: 135° C
Gc: normal protection level
- ATEX zone 22 protection: dust-specific marking: Ex tc IIIC T135° C Dc
tc: enclosure protection mode
IIIC: lamp designed for an environment presenting a dust type belonging to dust group IIIC
T135°C: maximum lamp temperature: 135° C
Dc: normal protection level
(1) Examples of protection modes:
tD: protection by enclosure for electrical equipment for dust hazard
mD: encapsulation for electrical equipment for dust hazard
iD: intrinsic safety for electrical equipment for dust hazard
n: non-incendive for electrical equipment for gas hazard
nA: non-sparking (zone 2 or Gc)
nR: restricted breathing (zone 2 or Gc)
nL: energy limitation (zone 2 or Gc)
nC: sealed device (zone 2 or Gc)
ma/mb: encapsulation for electrical equipment for gas hazard
c: protection by construction for non-electric equipment, e.g. mechanical
ic: intrinsic safety for electrical equipment for gas hazard (zone 2 or Gc)