When should I retire my equipment?
A product must be retired when:
- It is over 10 years old and made of plastic or textiles
- It has been subjected to a major fall or load
- It fails to pass inspection
- Its reliability is in question
- Its entire history is not known (e.g. found or second-hand product)
- When it becomes obsolete due to changes in legislation, standards, technique or incompatibility with other equipment, etc.
Other questions :
- How do I buy a Petzl product?
- How do I find out when my PPE was manufactured?
- How do I retire my gear?
- Before sending a defective product to Petzl, is there a specific procedure with a file number and a return date?
- What is Petzl's guarantee policy?
- How do I find Petzl retailers around the world?
- What is the lifetime of my Petzl equipment?
- What is the inspection process of PPE?
- How do I contact Petzl?
- What is PPE?
- How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?
- How do I care appropriately for my Petzl equipment?
- How should I store my equipment?
- What does WLL mean?
- How can I label or identify a sling?