What is Petzl's guarantee policy?
Petzl products are guaranteed for three years against any defects in materials or manufacture.
To analyze defects in materials and manufacture, contact our After-Sales Service to get the address to which you should return the defective product in your country:
After-Sales Service Sport or After-Sales Service Pro
Exclusions from the guarantee:
- normal wear
- leaking batteries in headlamps
- modifications or alterations
- poor storage
- poor maintenance
- damage due to accident or negligence
- damage due to use of product for which it is not designed
- the serial number is no longer legible
- any label has been removed from a harness
- a helmet has been written on with a marker or covered by stickers
- the product has been modified or repaired by a third person
If the product is not under guarantee, but is reparable, a repair quote will be proposed before repair. You will not be billed without your consent.
After analysis, Petzl will decide to repair, replace or return the product as is to the address you have provided. For a headlamp, please remove the batteries before sending it.
Other questions :
- How do I retire my gear?
- How do I buy a Petzl product?
- How do I buy a spare part or accessory?
- How do I find Petzl retailers around the world?
- Before sending a defective product to Petzl, is there a specific procedure with a file number and a return date?
- What is PPE?
- How do I contact Petzl?
- What is the inspection process of PPE?
- What is the lifetime of my Petzl equipment?
- How do I care appropriately for my Petzl equipment?
- How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?
- When should I retire my equipment?
- How should I store my equipment?
- What does WLL mean?
- What does the number after the CE marking mean?
- What standards are met by helmets for work at height?
- What are Petzl helmets made of?
- How should I clean the inside of my Petzl helmet?
- How can I label or identify a sling?