Basic principles of via ferrata
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
1. Basic rule: always stay tethered to the cable
2. Only one person on each cable segment
3. Never connect an arm of the lanyard to the harness (prevents energy absorber deployment)