The ATEX marking
The ATEX marking is found on the product and on its Instructions for Use.
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
Meaning of the ATEX marking:
This product is thus designed to be used in an above-ground industrial environment, in zone 1 with group IIB gas (e.g. ethylene) present. The product's surface temperature will not exceed 85° C: thus care must be taken to not use this product in the presence of gas having an ignition temperature of less than 85° C
ATEX marking detail for PIXA 1, 2 and 3 headlamps:
These 3 lamps have the same ATEX marking:
Ex II 3 GD
Ex nA ic IIB T4 Gc
Ex tc IIIC T135° C Dc
- General marking Ex II 3 GD
II: above-ground industry.
3 GD: category of 3GD lamps that determines the zone of use, in this case zone 2/22 (gas/dust)
- ATEX zone 2 protection: gas-specific marking: Ex nA ic IIB T4 Gc
nA: protection mode against risk of sparking
ic: intrinsically safe protection mode
IIB : lamp designed for an environment presenting a type of gas belonging to the IIB gas group
T4: maximum surface temperature of the lamp: 135° C
Gc: normal protection level
- ATEX zone 22 protection: dust-specific marking: Ex tc IIIC T135° C Dc
tc: enclosure protection mode
IIIC: lamp designed for an environment presenting a dust type belonging to dust group IIIC
T135°C: maximum lamp temperature: 135° C
Dc: normal protection level
(1) Examples of protection modes:
tD: protection by enclosure for electrical equipment for dust hazard
mD: encapsulation for electrical equipment for dust hazard
iD: intrinsic safety for electrical equipment for dust hazard
n: non-incendive for electrical equipment for gas hazard
nA: non-sparking (zone 2 or Gc)
nR: restricted breathing (zone 2 or Gc)
nL: energy limitation (zone 2 or Gc)
nC: sealed device (zone 2 or Gc)
ma/mb: encapsulation for electrical equipment for gas hazard
c: protection by construction for non-electric equipment, e.g. mechanical
ic: intrinsic safety for electrical equipment for gas hazard (zone 2 or Gc)