Use of a connector in the secondary connection hole
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
Note that with the PRO TRAXION P51A, it is not necessary to use a connector in the secondary connection hole to lock the sideplates. The safety catch on the side plate serves this function, with a red indicator showing if it is not properly locked.
Nevertheless, in certain situations, the use of a connector in the lower hole is recommended as a precaution:
- Pulley installed on a movable anchor, with risk of rubbing against rock or a surface that could damage the safety catch.
- Pulley installed out of sight of the user.