The ABSORBICA®-Y lanyards with two arms allow for continuous protection by successively detaching and re-attaching the two arms.
Progressive energy absorption
In the event of a fall, the tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user. The lanyards are designed for users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg. The progressive tearing of the webbing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users.
Compact, durable energy absorber
The energy absorber is very compact to avoid hindering the user’s movements or interfering with work. A durable fabric pouch helps protect the energy absorber from abrasion and potential contaminants.
Double lanyard with integrated energy absorber
ABSORBICA®-Y is a double lanyard with compact energy absorber, designed for progression on a vertical structure or a horizontal lifeline, and for passing intermediate anchors. It functions with users weighing between 50 and 140 kg. It has several installation options on the harness and can be used with different types of connectors. It is available in two lengths: 80 or 150 cm versions (without connectors). The 150 cm version has elasticized arms to avoid hindering progression. Depending on the connectors used, ABSORBICA®-Y is certified to American, European, and Russian standards.
- Designed for progression on a vertical structure or horizontal lifeline, and when passing intermediate anchors
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- Tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- Works with users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg (1)
- Progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
- Compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- FLEX version with 150 cm of elasticized webbing to avoid hindering progression
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- Frequent connection/disconnection: with a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard)
- Semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape allows optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling
- Two options for connectors at end of lanyard: carabiners or large-opening MGO OPEN connectors
- Available in two lengths: 80 and 150 cm
(1) In compliance with maximum accepted fall distances More information in our technical tips at Petzl.com
- Material(s): Polyester, nylon, high-modulus polyethylene
- Certification(s): CE EN 355 when used with EN 362, UKCA, EAC connectors (maximum certified mass: 100 kg), JSFAD, GB/T 24538-2009: 型 II, ANSI Z359.13 12 feet when used with ANSI Z359.12 connectors (maximum certified user weight: 140 kg)
|Length without connectors||80 cm||150 cm|
|Connector||Without connector||Without connector|
|Length with connectors||90 to 130 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and the technical tips at www.petzl.com)||160 to 200 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and the technical tips at www.petzl.com)|
|Weight||370 g||430 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
|Inner Pack Count||1||1|