Using the TANDEM SPEED Pulley on a Cable - excluding Adventure Park
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
The TANDEM SPEED trolley can no longer be certified for use on cable in Adventure Parks as of September 2021. It does not meet the new European standard EN 17109 governing the use of products in an AP environment. The TANDEM SPEED does not meet two criteria of this standard: drop-resistance and finger protection.
For AP use on cable, the only certified Petzl trolleys are:
- The TRAC CLUB (P023AB00/P023AB01) and TRAC GUIDE (P024AB00/P024AB01) trolleys.
- The TRAC (P023AA00/P023BA00) and TRAC PLUS (P024AA00/P024BA00) trolleys.
However, the TANDEM SPEED pulley has stainless steel sheaves, enabling it to be used on 9 to 13 mm diameter cable in a non-AP environment, while respecting the information in the Instructions for Use.