- Solo climbing is not recommended: climbing with a partner remains the best solution
- Climbing is inherently dangerous; you are responsible for your actions and decisions
- Self-belayed solo climbing must only be undertaken by experts
- This document deals with climbing with a fixed belay rope, without loading the rope (except to rest). Ascending on the rope (caving, big wall, crevasse rescue, mountaineering, etc.) is not addressed here.
- If an accident results in unconsciousness (fall, rockfall), rescue will be difficult. Wearing a helmet is strongly advised. DO NOT CLIMB without one. Do not climb solo without informing a person of your destination and when you will return.
- No solution is universal; you must be able to adapt our proposed technical solutions to your chosen terrain
- A good understanding of the solutions proposed in this supplementary information requires that you have consulted, understood and assimilated the Instructions for Use for all devices concerned
- The proposed systems are complex; any modification can stop them from functioning properly
- Only the techniques shown in the diagrams that are not crossed out and/or do not display a skull and crossbones symbol are authorized
Failure to heed any of these warnings may result in severe injury or death.