Compatibility of the first-generation ZIGZAG with CHICANE and KNEE ASCENT
The first-generation ZIGZAG (before 2019) can be used for SRT with the CHICANE auxiliary brake and the KNEE ASCENT access system.
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
1. Compatibility with CHICANE
Compatibility between the first-generation ZIGZAG and the CHICANE has been verified in Petzl's internal testing. Follow the Instructions for Use for your ZIGZAG and for the CHICANE.
2. Compatibility with KNEE ASCENT
Warning: the first-generation ZIGZAG does not have an auxiliary attachment hole for connecting the KNEE ASCENT system, as on the ZIGZAG 2019 and ZIGZAG PLUS. By default, it is possible to attach the KNEE ASCENT to the connector between the ZIGZAG and CHICANE, taking care not to interfere with the proper functioning of the system. Follow the Instructions for Use for your ZIGZAG and for the KNEE ASCENT system.