What is the inspection process of PPE?
In addition to the inspection before each use, an in-depth inspection of your PPE must be carried out by a competent inspector. The frequency of the in-depth inspection must be governed by applicable legislation, and the type and intensity of use. Petzl recommends an inspection at least once every 12 months.
To help maintain product traceability, do not remove any markings or labels.
To learn more, download the "PPE inspection" pdf file from the individual product page.
Other questions :
- How do I retire my gear?
- How do I buy a Petzl product?
- Before sending a defective product to Petzl, is there a specific procedure with a file number and a return date?
- How do I find Petzl retailers around the world?
- What is Petzl's guarantee policy?
- What is PPE?
- How do I contact Petzl?
- What is the lifetime of my Petzl equipment?
- How do I care appropriately for my Petzl equipment?
- How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?
- When should I retire my equipment?
- How should I store my equipment?
- What does WLL mean?
- How can I label or identify a sling?