The modular head allows the ice axe to be adjusted for the technical requirements of the terrain.
Slightly curved shaft offers anchoring efficiency and good support in piolet-canne use.
Handrest is quickly adjustable without tools, for optimal hand position.
Modular ice axe for technical mountaineering
The SUM’TEC ice axe is extremely versatile: it adapts easily to different mountaineering activities, from classic to technical. It's completely modular, so you can optimize the configuration according to the objective. The TRIGREST handrest (adjustable without tools) and the compatibility of the ice axe with most Petzl accessories (PUR’ICE and DRY picks, MASSELOTTES) provide the efficiency required for difficult sections.
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip for easy penetration in a variety of ice types
- The TRIGREST handrest allows the position of the hand or the index finger to be adjusted into climbing mode quickly and without tools
- Shaft with steel spike for solid support in piolet-canne mode
- Curved shaft for efficient anchoring while protecting the hand
- Shaft is straight enough for efficient planting into snow and walking comfortably
- The ALPEN ADAPT system makes it completely modular:
- Entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- Interchangeable with ICE, PUR'ICE, DRY, and PUR'DRY picks to adapt to different terrain objectives (snow, ice, or mixed)
- Adze and hammer are interchangeable
- Possible to add weights to improve anchoring qualities
- Available in two versions: adze or hammer
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): Steel, aluminum, nylon
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Ice axe sold with ICE pick, TRIGREST handrest, and either PANNE adze or MARTEAU hammer.
|Length of shaft||55 cm||55 cm|
|Weight||470 g||470 g|
|Inner Pack Count||1||1|