GRIPREST QUARK handrest
GRIPREST QUARK handrest folds in easily for planting the ice axe in snow. Compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing.
Shaft is hydroformed to provide optimal grip in the middle of the shaft for snow couloirs.
Efficient placement on a variety of different types of ice. ICE pick is versatile for different types of terrain: snow, ice, and mixed.
Versatile ice axe for technical mountaineering and ice climbing
QUARK is a versatile ice axe designed for technical mountaineering and ice climbing. Its balance and ICE pick allow solid placements on a variety of types of ice. The TRIGREST and GRIPREST handrests make it easy to handle and comfortable in many different situations. They provide a more effective handle grip for difficult sections. Entirely modular, the QUARK ice axe adapts easily to technical, varied terrain, such as snow couloirs, gullies, north faces, and ice routes.
- Versatile ice axe:
- Shaft curved below the head and GRIPREST QUARK handrest at the bottom of the shaft to protect the hands on ice climbs
- Shaft has a steel spike and is straight enough for use in piolet-canne mode
- Shaft is hydroformed for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft, for snow couloirs
- Overmolded bi-material handle provides good grip while insulating from the cold
- TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests strengthen the grip on difficult sections
- 550 g with PANNE or MARTEAU
- Efficient placement on a variety of types of ice:
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3.3 mm) and versatile across different types of terrain: snow, ice, and mixed
- Compatible with MASSELOTTES weights to modify the balance and improve the inertia of the ice axe
- The ALPEN ADAPT system makes it completely modular:
- Entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- Interchangeable with ICE, PUR'ICE, DRY, and PUR'DRY picks to adapt to different terrain objectives (snow, ice, or mixed)
- Adze and hammer are interchangeable
- TRIGREST QUARK handrest is height adjustable without tools
- GRIPREST QUARK handrest folds in easily for planting the ice axe in snow
- Connection hole is compatible with V-LINK elasticated loss-prevention webbing
- Only 465 g, not including accessories
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Material(s): Aluminum, steel, glass fiber reinforced plastic
- Certification(s): CE, UKCA, UIAA
- Sold with ICE pick, MARTEAU, or PANNE, TRIGREST QUARK and GRIPREST QUARK handrests
|Length of shaft||50 cm||50 cm|
|Weight||550 g||550 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
|Inner Pack Count||1||1|