Ultra-lightweight and compact
Ultra-lightweight and compact: minimal bulk, when packed in its pouch.
Donning with feet on the ground
Can be donned with both feet on the ground, while wearing skis or crampons.
Capacity for carrying equipment
Two gear loops, four additional loops and ice-screw retainers, for organization and transport of equipment required for technical outings.
FUSEFRAME technology with removable foam allows the user to adapt harness comfort to the activity.
Minimalist pouch allows the harness to be compressed to reduce bulk in the pack.
Ultra-lightweight, modular technical mountaineering/ski harness, dons with feet on the ground
Designed for mountaineers and ski mountaineers, the FLY harness is Petzl’s most lightweight harness, and can be donned with both feet on the ground. Ultra-lightweight and compact, thanks to innovative construction without a buckle and with comfort options, it weighs only 130 g (size M). The comfort foam is removable, minimizing weight to only 100 g. The multiple gear loops and the ice-screw retainers can transport all the equipment required on technical outings.
- Extremely lightweight, for mountaineers and the most demanding skiers:
- designed for technical mountaineering and ski mountaineering
- can be donned with both feet on the ground, while wearing skis or crampons
- only 100 g (size M) with comfort foam removed, and 130 g with foam. The extremely light weight and the body-hugging fit offer complete freedom to move without worrying about the harness
- innovative buckle-free construction (Petzl patent). A sliding toggle lock replaces the metal buckle for quick and easy waistbelt adjustment. The leg loops are adjusted with a girth hitch
- slim design
- minimalist pouch allows the harness to be compressed to reduce bulk in the pack
- Comfort options:
- FUSEFRAME technology with removable foam, for adapting the comfort level of the harness to the activity. The comfort foam on the leg loops and waistbelt can be easily removed, making the harness even lighter
- comfort foam optimally distributes the load, making suspensions more comfortable
- Technical and durable:
- two gear loops and four additional loops for organization and transport of the equipment required for technical outings
- retainer with silicone interior on each leg loop, for carrying an ice screw
- attachment points, webbing and gear loops reinforced with high-modulus polyethylene (HMPE), for greater resistance to abrasion and rubbing
- Material(s): high-modulus polyethylene, polyester, nylon
- Certification(s): CE EN 12277 type C, UIAA
- Harness comes in a protective carry bag
- Also comes with minimalist pouch for stowing the harness when used without foam
|Waist belt||66-76 cm||76-86 cm||86-96 cm|
|Leg loops||50-56 cm||52-58 cm||54-60 cm|
|Weight without foam: 90 g||Weight without foam: 100 g||Weight without foam: 110 g|
|Weight with foam: 120 g||Weight with foam: 130 g||Weight with foam: 140 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years|