How do I check for OS by Petzl software updates?
To check for OS by Petzl software updates, click on the "Update" menu and choose "Verify the OS by Petzl updates", a window appears showing the version of OS by Petzl installed on your computer (example: version 2.5.983). Then click on the "Check for updates" link, OS by Petzl will launch your internet browser and connect you to the OS by Petzl web page.
The latest version of OS by Petzl is always available on the Petzl web site. If your version of OS by Petzl is older than the version available on the Petzl site, you can download and update your OS by Petzl software. The OS update also updates the product’s firmware (product improvement, new functionality, etc.).
Updating your product can be done via the "Update/Update" menu in OS by Petzl.
Note: verifying and downloading requires an internet connection.
Starting with version 2.8.30, you will be automatically prompted for updates when a new version is available on the web server. A product firmware update prompt may appear after the OS by Petzl update.
We recommend that you accept this installation.
For other questions on OS by Petzl software, please click on the following link:
Please include the following information in your message:
- Version of the OS by Petzl software.
- Operating system used (ex: Windows 7 64 bits, or Mac OS X 10.6.6).
- Connected lamp (ex: TIKKA 2, or ZIKPA PLUS 2).
Other questions :
- List of mobile devices compatible with the MyPetzl Light app.
- Error message appears during installation of OS by Petzl v3.1.541
- My NAO + headlamp switches off for no reason
- How do I update my NAO + headlamp?
- Can I use OS by Petzl software with a REACTIK + or NAO + ?
- Are the rechargeable batteries and accessories for first-generation NAO headlamps compatible with NAO and NAO + headlamps?
- I am unable to download or update the MyPetzl Light app
- My phone's Bluetooth® does not recognize my lamp.
- Is the ACCU REACTIK, REACTIK + rechargeable battery compatible with the TIKKA R+, TIKKA RXP?
- Will I be notified of updates to the MyPetzl Light app?
- Why won't my connected lamp pair with my smartphone?
- Can I program my TIKKA R+ or RXP lamp with the OS by Petzl software, if I use the ACCU REACTIK, REACTIK + rechargeable battery?
- Why aren't the connected lamps for sale worldwide?
- Contact MyPetzl Light support
- Can I have multiple lamps configured on my mobile device?
- Is it possible for another user to change the settings on my lamp, e.g. during a race?
- For what temperatures are the burn times indicated by the MyPetzl Light app guaranteed?
- Where can I buy a Petzl connected lamp?
- Can I use the connected lamp with multiple mobile devices?
- Reset mode for the MyPetzl Light app
- What is the impact of Bluetooth® Smart usage on the battery drain of my headlamp?
- Can I pair my lamp using the Settings menu on my mobile device?
- What operating systems are compatible with the MyPetzl Light app?
- Where can the MyPetzl Light app be found?
- What is Bluetooth® Smart?
- What is the MyPetzl Light app?
- Can I use my connected headlamp without the MyPetzl Light app?
- How do I delete a profile in Os by Petzl?
- How do I export a profile Os by Petzl?
- Can I tell which mode I’m in (REACTIVE LIGHTING or constant) when the lamp is on my head?
- What does the OS by Petzl software do?
- The head plate of the lamp hurts my head: what should I do?
- How do I use my lamp in fog?
- How can I avoid getting the headband cords tangled?
- What is the LOCK position for?
- My lamp gets hot; is this normal?
- Can I change the reaction speed of the lamp in REACTIVE LIGHTING mode?
- Does the energy meter work when using regular batteries?
- My lamp won’t turn off: what should I do?
- Can I use my lamp while road biking?
- I can’t put the lamp on my helmet: what should I do?
- How long does reserve mode last?
- Is it normal that my lamp flashes?
- What precautions should I take on an airplane?
- How do I change profiles using the lamp?
- Why are there multiple brightness levels for REACTIVE LIGHTING mode?
- My lamp doesn’t work: what should I do?
- Why does the touchpad on my laptop stop working when I plug a Petzl product into the USB port?
- How do I change language in the OS by Petzl interface?
- Does the lamp perform as well at very low temperatures?
- How do I import a profile Os by Petzl?
- What should I do if fog or mist interferes with the lamp?
- How does my lamp perform when using regular batteries?
- How is the lamp’s battery life calculated in REACTIVE LIGHTING mode?
- Os by Petzl: Can I have different modes (Declining or Constant) activated for each of the two lighting levels (MAXIMUM or ECONOMIC)?
- Os by Petzl: What does the distance given in the table for MAXIMUM and ECONOMIC mean?
- Os by Petzl : How do I restore my lamp to the "factory" settings?
- Os by Petzl : How can I rename my battery?
- Os by Petzl : How can I change the lamp associated with my battery?
- Os by Petzl : What is the difference between constant and declining mode?
- Os by Petzl: I cannot move the settings sliders or change the settings, what can I do to make changes?
- Os by Petzl: Why isn't it possible to do a test in declining mode?
- Os by Petzl: How can I get the instructions for my lamp or battery?
- Os by Petzl: How can I rename a personal profile?
- Os by Petzl / NAO: How do I create my own profile? What settings can I change for my profile?
- What is the NAO headband made of?
- Os by Petzl: Why is the ECONOMIC level in constant mode limited to 12.5 %, 20 % or 25 %?
- Are all USB chargers compatible with NAO headlamps?
- Os by Petzl: Why is the reading threshold changeable?
- Os by Petzl: How do I restore my lamp to the "factory" settings?
- Which headlamps are available with the BELT system?
- Os by Petzl: How do I switch the lamp off with one turn of the knob after 8 seconds of use?
- OS by Petzl : How can I get the instructions for my lamp or battery?
- OS by Petzl: Is it possible to change the time required to switch between Reactive Lighting and Static mode?
- OS by Petzl: Is it possible to change the time required to modify the profile on my lamp?
- Can I immerse my headlamp?Puis-je immerger ma frontale ?
- Is there a bicycle helmet mount for the NAO headlamp?
- Can I attach a NAO headlamp to a mountain bike helmet?