The ABSORBICA-Y lanyards with two arms allow for continuous protection, by successively detaching and re-attaching the two arms.
Progressive energy absorption
In the event of a fall, the tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user. The lanyards are designed for users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg. The progressive tearing of the webbing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users.
Compact, durable energy absorber
The energy absorber is very compact, to avoid hindering the user’s movements, or interfering with handling. A durable fabric pouch helps protect the energy absorber from abrasion and potential contaminants.
Double lanyard with integrated energy absorber
ABSORBICA-Y is a double lanyard with compact energy absorber, designed for progression on a vertical structure or a horizontal lifeline, and when passing intermediate anchors. It has several installation options on the harness and can be used with different types of connectors. It is available in two lengths: 80 or 150 cm versions (without connectors). The 150 cm version has elasticized arms, to avoid hindering progression. Depending on the connectors used, the ABSORBICA-Y is certified to American, European, and Russian standards.
- Designed for progression on a vertical structure or horizontal lifeline, and when passing intermediate anchors
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- works with users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg
- progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
- compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- FLEX version with 150 cm of elasticized webbing to avoid hindering progression
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- frequent connection/disconnection: with a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard)
- semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape ensures optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling
- Two options for connectors at end of lanyard: carabiners, or large-opening MGO OPEN connectors
- Available in two lengths: 80 and 150 cm
- Material(s): polyester, nylon, high-modulus polyethylene
- Certification(s): CE EN 355 when used with EN 362 connectors, ANSI Z359.13 12 feet when used with ANSI Z359.12 connectors, EAC
|Length without connectors||80 cm||150 cm|
|Connector||without connector||without connector|
|Length with connectors||90 to 130 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)||160 to 200 cm, depending on the connectors (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com)|
|Weight||370 g||430 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|