Evacuation by Tyrolean traverse
- Read the technical notice before viewing the following techniques.
- It is important to fully understand the information provided in the technical notice before using this complementary information
- Mastering these techniques requires training.
- Consult a professional before attempting to perform these techniques on your own.
Backed up rescue system (vertical and horizontal).
• White ropes: double Tyrolean Guiding the KOOTENAY pulley and the (gray) back-up rope. (Prusik hitches are attached to the (purple) rope to avoid slack on the gray back-up rope.)
• Gray rope: back-up rope (guided)
• Purple rope: belays horizontal movement (back and forth)
• Blue rope: allows vertical movement (backed-up pulley system)