Compact, with textured sheath that offers good grip on both descents and ascents.
EverFlex treatment maintains the cord's flexibility and makes it easy to store.
Excellent weight/durability ratio, thanks to its special construction.
SEGMENT 8 mm
Accessory cord designed for expert caving
SEGMENT is an 8 mm diameter accessory cord for expert caving activities. Ultra-compact and lightweight, it is easy to store in a pack. It has the benefit of the EverFlex treatment, ensuring continued flexibility over time. The texture of the sheath allows good grip during descents. Comes in 200 meter length.
- Ultra-compact cord with good grip:
- ultra-compact and lightweight to limit bulk in the kit during long explorations
- thick, textured sheath offers good grip
- excellent balance of low stretch and elasticity for efficient ascents
- Remains flexible over time:
- EverFlex treatment: special treatment and weave improve the rope's consistency; offers excellent grip and consistent handling over time
- easy to store in the pack, as the cord dœs not stiffen
- flexible cord makes it easier to tie and untie knots
- Excellent weight-to-durability ratio:
- very light (43 g/m)
- specific construction with polyester sheath and nylon core offer great durability for the diameter
- Diameter: 8 mm
- Material(s): nylon, polyester
- Certification(s): CE 564, UKCA, UIAA, NFPA 2500
- Strength tied with figure-eight knot: 10 kN
- Weight per meter: 43 g
- Construction: 32 carrier
- Percentage of sheath: 45 %
- Static elongation: 5 %
|Inner Pack Count||1|