Why does the touchpad on my laptop stop working when I plug a Petzl product into the USB port?
Petzl products contain a mouse-type device which prevents your computer’s sleep mode from working in order to guarantee that the battery continues charging. Your laptop probably has an option for configuring the touchpad which allows you to deactivate your touchpad when another pointer peripheral, or a battery, is connected.
- To deactivate this function, the touchpad driver must first be correctly installed.
- Go to the Control Panel > Mouse > Device Settings.
- Uncheck the box outlined in red as shown in the figure below (these menus are examples and may be different from one computer to another).
- Click OK.
For Mac:To change your trackpad functionality, choose the Apple menu > System preferences, then click on Trackpad. Check or uncheck the box to deactivate your trackpad when an external pointing device is connected.
Other questions :
- List of mobile devices compatible with the MyPetzl Light app.
- Error message appears during installation of OS by Petzl v3.1.541
- I am unable to download or update the MyPetzl Light app
- Are the rechargeable batteries and accessories for first-generation NAO headlamps compatible with NAO and NAO + headlamps?
- Can I use OS by Petzl software with a REACTIK + or NAO + ?
- My phone's Bluetooth® does not recognize my lamp.
- Is the ACCU REACTIK, REACTIK + rechargeable battery compatible with the TIKKA R+, TIKKA RXP?
- Why won't my connected lamp pair with my smartphone?
- For what temperatures are the burn times indicated by the MyPetzl Light app guaranteed?
- Is it possible for another user to change the settings on my lamp, e.g. during a race?
- Can I have multiple lamps configured on my mobile device?
- What is the impact of Bluetooth® Smart usage on the battery drain of my headlamp?
- Reset mode for the MyPetzl Light app
- Where can the MyPetzl Light app be found?
- What operating systems are compatible with the MyPetzl Light app?
- Can I use my connected headlamp without the MyPetzl Light app?
- What is the MyPetzl Light app?
- How do I export a profile Os by Petzl?
- How do I delete a profile in Os by Petzl?
- How do I use my lamp in fog?
- What does the OS by Petzl software do?
- My lamp gets hot; is this normal?
- I can’t put the lamp on my helmet: what should I do?
- Can I change the reaction speed of the lamp in REACTIVE LIGHTING mode?
- What is the LOCK position for?
- Can I use my lamp while road biking?
- How do I change profiles using the lamp?
- Why are there multiple brightness levels for REACTIVE LIGHTING mode?
- My lamp doesn’t work: what should I do?
- How long does reserve mode last?
- Is it normal that my lamp flashes?
- What precautions should I take on an airplane?
- How is the lamp’s battery life calculated in REACTIVE LIGHTING mode?
- How do I change language in the OS by Petzl interface?
- Does the lamp perform as well at very low temperatures?
- How do I import a profile Os by Petzl?
- What should I do if fog or mist interferes with the lamp?
- How does my lamp perform when using regular batteries?
- Os by Petzl : What is the difference between constant and declining mode?
- How do I check for OS by Petzl software updates?
- Os by Petzl : How can I rename my battery?
- Os by Petzl : How can I change the lamp associated with my battery?
- Os by Petzl: What does the distance given in the table for MAXIMUM and ECONOMIC mean?
- Os by Petzl : How do I restore my lamp to the "factory" settings?
- Os by Petzl: Can I have different modes (Declining or Constant) activated for each of the two lighting levels (MAXIMUM or ECONOMIC)?
- Os by Petzl: How can I rename a personal profile?
- Os by Petzl: How can I get the instructions for my lamp or battery?
- Os by Petzl: Why isn't it possible to do a test in declining mode?
- Os by Petzl: I cannot move the settings sliders or change the settings, what can I do to make changes?
- Os by Petzl / NAO: How do I create my own profile? What settings can I change for my profile?
- What is the NAO headband made of?
- Os by Petzl: Why is the ECONOMIC level in constant mode limited to 12.5 %, 20 % or 25 %?
- Are all USB chargers compatible with NAO headlamps?
- Which headlamps are available with the BELT system?
- Os by Petzl: Why is the reading threshold changeable?
- Os by Petzl: How do I restore my lamp to the "factory" settings?
- Os by Petzl: How do I switch the lamp off with one turn of the knob after 8 seconds of use?
- OS by Petzl : How can I get the instructions for my lamp or battery?
- OS by Petzl: Is it possible to change the time required to switch between Reactive Lighting and Static mode?
- OS by Petzl: Is it possible to change the time required to modify the profile on my lamp?
- Can I immerse my headlamp?Puis-je immerger ma frontale ?
- Is there a bicycle helmet mount for the NAO headlamp?
- Can I attach a NAO headlamp to a mountain bike helmet?