Can I use the SHUNT to self-belay?
No, the SHUNT is not recommended for self-belaying because of the risk of the cam jamming in an overhang situation.
For more information on self-belaying, go to:
The SHUNT has been specifically designed as a back-up device for abseiling. It is not designed to withstand the shock load of a fall.
Other questions :
- Can the GRIGRI be used with semi-static ropes?
- Is there a left-handed descender?
- What is the strength rating of the cable on the VERSO and the REVERSO 3 and 4?
- What is the working load limit for a GRIGRI?
- May the GRIGRI be used for work at height?
- What is the activation force of a lanyard with energy absorber?
- Why aren't the HUIT and SIMPLE descenders PPE like the STOP and I’D?
- Why are there two different rope diameter markers on the STOP descender?