What is the inspection process of PPE?
In addition to the inspection before each use, an in-depth inspection of your PPE must be carried out by a competent inspector. The frequency of the in-depth inspection must be governed by applicable legislation, and the type and intensity of use. Petzl recommends an inspection at least once every 12 months.
To help maintain product traceability, do not remove any markings or labels.
To learn more, download the "PPE inspection" pdf file from the individual product page.
Other questions :
- How do I buy a Petzl product?
- How do I find out when my PPE was manufactured?
- How do I retire my gear?
- Before sending a defective product to Petzl, is there a specific procedure with a file number and a return date?
- What is Petzl's guarantee policy?
- How do I find Petzl retailers around the world?
- What is the lifetime of my Petzl equipment?
- How do I contact Petzl?
- What is PPE?
- How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?
- How do I care appropriately for my Petzl equipment?
- How should I store my equipment?
- When should I retire my equipment?
- What does WLL mean?
- How can I label or identify a sling?