To read for self-belaying
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
- Solo climbing is not recommended: climbing with a partner remains the best solution
- Climbing is inherently dangerous; you are responsible for your actions and decisions
- Self-belayed solo climbing must only be undertaken by experts
- This document deals with climbing with a fixed belay rope, without loading the rope (except to rest). Ascending on the rope (caving, big wall, crevasse rescue, mountaineering, etc.) is not addressed here.
- If an accident results in unconsciousness (fall, rockfall), rescue will be difficult. Wearing a helmet is strongly advised. DO NOT CLIMB without one. Do not climb solo without informing a person of your destination and when you will return.
- No solution is universal; you must be able to adapt our proposed technical solutions to your chosen terrain
- A good understanding of the solutions proposed in this supplementary information requires that you have consulted, understood and assimilated the Instructions for Use for all devices concerned
- The proposed systems are complex; any modification can stop them from functioning properly
- Only the techniques shown in the diagrams that are not crossed out and/or do not display a skull and crossbones symbol are authorized
Failure to heed any of these warnings may result in severe injury or death.