What is the activation force of a lanyard with energy absorber?
The EN standard requires a minimum strength depending on the application.
In sport use, the EN 958 standard requires a tearing force of between 1.2 and 6 kN.
In professional use, the EN 355 standard requires a tearing force of between 2 and 6 kN.
Other questions :
- Can I use the SHUNT to self-belay?
- Is there a left-handed descender?
- What is the strength rating of the cable on the VERSO and the REVERSO 3 and 4?
- What is the working load limit for a GRIGRI?
- May the GRIGRI be used for work at height?
- Why aren't the HUIT and SIMPLE descenders PPE like the STOP and I’D?
- Why are there two different rope diameter markers on the STOP descender?