How should I clean the inside of my Petzl helmet?
As with any other plastic product, Petzl does not recommend using chemical products to clean your helmet.
- Wash helmets in lukewarm soapy water (pH neutral, 30° C maximum), then rinse thoroughly with fresh tap water.
- Use only household face and body soap. All other cleaning products, such as solvents, stain removers, degreasers are too powerful, are incompatible with polycarbonate, polystyrene or nylon, and can weaken the helmet shell.
- The shell of ABS helmets can be cleaned using a cloth lightly moistened with rubbing alcohol. Warning: do not dip the helmet directly in alcohol.
- Do not use a high-pressure water sprayer.
For more information, please consult:
Tips for maintaining your equipment
Other questions :
- Can I put a sticker on a VERTEX or ALVEO helmet?
- What does "ABS" mean in helmet manufacturing?
- Are there any weight restrictions associated with the PICCHU helmet?
- Quelle est la matière de fabrication des casques SIROCCO ?
- Is the METEOR helmet certified for cycling?
- What are METEOR helmets made of?
- Can I use my Petzl helmet for horseback riding?
- What are Petzl helmets made of?
- Do Petzl helmets come in different sizes?
- Can the ELIA be used for canyoning?
- What are those white marks on the shell of my helmet?