How can I find out the age of my Petzl PPE?
All our PPE products are now identified by a serial number.
This number may be marked in a number of ways: laser, engraving, label, etc. It allows us to identify our products.
To find out the year of manufacture, refer to this detailed serial number in the following manner:
Example for recent PPE: 09 365 AB 1 234
- 09 corresponds to the year of manufacture
- 365 corresponds to the day of manufacture in that year
- AB is the code of the person who inspected the product
- 1234 is the individual product number
- 99 is the year of manufacture
- 289 is the day of manufacture in that year
- A is the code of the person who inspected the product
- 05 is the month of manufacture in the year
- 06 is the year of manufacture
Other questions :
- How do I buy a Petzl product?
- How do I find out when my PPE was manufactured?
- How do I retire my gear?
- Before sending a defective product to Petzl, is there a specific procedure with a file number and a return date?
- What is Petzl's guarantee policy?
- How do I find Petzl retailers around the world?
- What is the lifetime of my Petzl equipment?
- What is the inspection process of PPE?
- How do I contact Petzl?
- What is PPE?
- When should I retire my equipment?
- How do I care appropriately for my Petzl equipment?
- How should I store my equipment?
- What does WLL mean?
- How can I label or identify a sling?