Evacuation by Tyrolean traverse
- Carefully read the Instructions for Use used in this technical advice before consulting the advice itself. You must have already read and understood the information in the Instructions for Use to be able to understand this supplementary information.
- Mastering these techniques requires specific training. Work with a professional to confirm your ability to perform these techniques safely and independently before attempting them unsupervised.
- We provide examples of techniques related to your activity. There may be others that we do not describe here.
Backed up rescue system (vertical and horizontal).
• White ropes: double Tyrolean Guiding the KOOTENAY pulley and the (gray) back-up rope. (Prusik hitches are attached to the (purple) rope to avoid slack on the gray back-up rope.)
• Gray rope: back-up rope (guided)
• Purple rope: belays horizontal movement (back and forth)
• Blue rope: allows vertical movement (backed-up pulley system)