Mobile fall arrester
- VAX 027
Mobile fall arrester: myths versus realities.
- To review the roles and applications of mobile fall arresters.
- To introduce, demonstrate and experiment with the advantages and limitations of various systems.
- To discuss myths and realities and answer recurring questions.
- Reminder of relevant legislation and a comparison with the role of mobile fall arresters.
- Operating modes of the main products on the market.
- Risk analysis and practical experimentation.
- Clearance distance.
- Speed and efficiency of locking in various situations.
- Specific environments: extremes of temperatures, marine and chemical, dust and paint.
- Use with loads over 100kg, including accompanied rescue.
- Unlocking a loaded mobile fall arrester, connected to the sternal or dorsal point.
- Using a lanyard with a mobile fall arrester.
- How, when and why is it necessary to use an energy absorber?
- Durability, inspection and maintenance.
- History and objectives of Petzl and IRATA publications related to the Petzl SHUNT.
- Work at height and rope access professionals
- Rescue professionals
- Rope access and fall arrest trainers
- Petzl Technical Partners
- Knowledge and basic practical experience of rope access, work positioning and fall arrest techniques.
Learning support and certification
- Technical documents
- Certificate of attendance
Place: Petzl Technical Institutes
Duration: 1 day (7 hours)